Why do we go on diets? Why do we sign up for weight loss challenges and swear that THIS will be the year you will lose that weight? Why do we "deprive" ourselves from the things that we know are not as healthy (when you research and know the effects on our bodies) for us. No matter what plan or diet your are on you are looking for something very simple. You are looking for structure. Something to keep you accountable...if you think about it only for a very short time frame compared to the rest of your life. And that is EXACTLY what it will do, it will be strict, it will be tough, and it will not be fun right now. However if you are really listening, what you will learn about food and about yourself will change the way you eat for the long-term and that is a victory in and of itself.
5 Helpful tips for your next diet plan/weight-loss challenge
* Ask yourself what is that grounding reason for doing this and you will find success. Ask that questions to yourself 5 times and after each answer ask but why? Write it down.
Now think of that reason when you feel like quitting or want to give up on your challenge before you've reached the goal.
* Be a student of food and the theory behind that food program you've trying out.
* Always have a time to start and end. After that evaluate what you have accomplished and what you were able to learn.
* Its not the end if you fail, you will not go down a slippery slope like you think you will. Finish. Hold yourself accountable and push the reset button.
* You have to move, exercise, workout harder than you did the day before. Write it in a journal. Why harder the next day? because you can build on your accomplishments and push past your comfort zone just a little bit more next time. Your body is more resilient than you think. My definition of harder is also trying something different, new or challenging. This also involves being disciplined enough to taking days off to let your body rest and recover.